Something Authentic

rainy moving day

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

i'm finally in la plata :)

first day of the rest of my life, as i hear in films...
sadly, we were welcomed by the rain. pouring rain.


we got here (my friend Flor and me) at about 10 30 am,
when we were supposed to arrive at 8 10.

the storm started at 2 am.

we got out of the bus, bag over our shoulders, carrying bags in our hands,
and the bus driver had the brilliant idea of just leaving our suitcases on the wet floor.
i had a box full of books, and was about to commit murder
(you don't want to mess with my books ¬¬).
luckily for the driver, they were safe.

but Flor's clothes were drenched.

i'm not liking the rain, but i do like the cool air it brings
(remember, it's summer down here, and LP is one of the hottest cities in arg).

we spent the rest of the morning organising everything in our bedroom,
slept a little siesta,
and had friends over for some mates
(imagine mates being as important to argentines as tea is for english people).

i'm not missing my home... yet.
i know i will at some point, but i'm not like most people,
that miss their homes the minute they leave it.
or just miss it in some degree.
i don't miss it at all.

i needed to change the air.
needed the adventure.

i do miss my dog, peyton.
and my mum.
and my bed, mostly my bed.

but i think it was time to start living something new and exciting.

has anything new and exciting happened in your life lately?

xoxo,
ella

ps: do you like the new look for my blog? i love purple, and i was bored, so i made this new layout, and changed the name of the blog.

2 monkey thoughts:

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

Wow, I'm glad it isn't raining like that here, but we do have 12 inches of snow and more on the way!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

i think your blog is pretty :). i like the purple and the font is lovely. where did you get the font?

sounds like you're having quite the adventure! i've never lived anywhere far away, but it always sounds so romantic to me. i'm a total homebody though and would miss my family way too much...so i'll just visit faraway places and live vicariously through brave people like you who move to far away places :).

Post a Comment

Leave a thought. Spread the monkey love <3

 
Designed by Ella Press Studio- Copyright 2011