Something Authentic

findings.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

today, i made a huge finding. i believe it's what you call "thrifting".

i went with my friends to a park where there's a big fair where you can buy clothes (old and new. new=handmade=really cool) and old objects. there weren't that many stands 'cause some people are getting back from their holidays. my aunt told me that it'd be in full motion in march. but we went to see anyway. and there was this stand, where there was this:

a Kodak Instant Camera Colorburst 300.

and i fell in love. i'm pretty sure it doesn't work, but i'll have it looked at anyway. mine looks just like this one, but it's just the tiniest bit battered from age. i believe it's 20 years old.

the colorburst was first introduced in 1978, and lasted until the '80. so it only lived for 2 years.

even if it doesn't work it's a great collector's item, and i'm already thinking of using it in my future photoshoots (when i get my camera back) as props.

and it only costed me 25 arg pesos! something like 5 dlls ;) if it does work, i'll have to find old cartridges/film. and that'll be really expensive.

i'm super happy with my finding!


i also bought a long skirt (black w/polka dots) which i used as a dress tonight to go out w/my friends, and a belt to go w/it. no pics though.

oooh, and i found a really pretty purse! vintage, real leather ;) i'll have to wait to have more money to go back to that park again, next month.

1 monkey thoughts:

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

I think the trickiest thing about old cameras is finding film, but they're still cool to have! I found a really neat polaroid at an auction a few months ago, and since the film is so expensive I don't get to use it often, but I still love having it!

Post a Comment

Leave a thought. Spread the monkey love <3

 
Designed by Ella Press Studio- Copyright 2011