Something Authentic

inspiration

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

i've had this idea in my head for some time, one that involves something related to this, but i was lacking the drive to start doing it.

until i saw this:
and this cutie:
and now i can't wait to start!

thanks to lauren for inspiring me!
if you'd like to buy one of these (there are more to choose from) visit the Busy Bee Shoppe.

***

yesterday was my uncle's bday and we had the argentine equivalent of an american bbq.
our is called asado. and it's BETTER.
anyway, we started talking about my going to college, and if i liked what i'm gonna study :S
one thing led to another, and we ended up talking about photography. for those of you who don't know me, i love photography.

my uncle's got a lumix panasonic camera, i don't know exactly what model, but it's a good one, i think it's 18 mpx. i asked him how much it'd costed him, and he said 500 dollars (bought on the net). so i thought "i could get one of these for myself, it's not that expensive" (have in mind that 1 dollar=3, 50 arg pesos).

my bday is on april 15th (my 18th!) and i'm already asking everyone that they give me money instead of a present. i intend on saving that money to buy myself a better camera -i currently have an olympus x-700. i know...

i started talking with my dad about it, and had a great talk. it was more than advise from him, because we shared our passion for photography. it's because of him that i'm into photog like i am. he told me that i shouldn't buy that camera, it wouldn't fit with my purposes. he told me that he'll help me get a good beginner's camera -once i've got the money (donations accepted)-.

i'm so proud of my father. even though he's not around me all the time, i think of him when he's gone. i'm blessed to have him with me. even if he lives across the river. some people are not fortunate enough.
he inspires me as well.

5 monkey thoughts:

jaselle louise said...

please do photography. but you dont need to go to school for photography to learn it (and sell it?) ya know? idk just some food for thought.. cus im in the same boat. but i think im satisfied with my decision to be in business school and keep art/graphics as a personal hobby endeavor thing.
(and your mom will learn to accept whatever you do).

Ella Preuss said...

i know. right now, i'm studying eng translation, and keeping photography as a hobby. but hopefully, it'll transform into something that'll make my life a lot brighter.
and yes, i know my mum will come to terms with w/e i choose to do. it's just that i don't want to let her down.
having my dad to teach me the basics (what i don't already know) of photog, i think i'm good to go. all i need is a new camera :)
thanks for your support!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Hehe, glad we shared the thoughts on Explorer X-Alhpa! And those headbands are adorable. *o*
Best of luck with photography, and you're lucky to have such a supportative father! It's hard meeting your parents' expecations sometimes. :/

Reyna Meinhardt said...

I love the headbands, they are lovely!

Good luck with your photography!

Kaitlan.Olivia said...

LOVE the headbands Ella, and those pictures are FANTASTIC!!!! Best of luck with the photography!! :)

xoxo Kait

p.s. Where did you get those headbands...lol.

Post a Comment

Leave a thought. Spread the monkey love <3

 
Designed by Ella Press Studio- Copyright 2011